Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Safety Blanket


Over the last few days, Teresa from "The Smoking Hot Cigar Chick" and I have been conversing on the similarities of wine, cigars and various other topics. Both can have wonderful pairings, as well as flavor notes that can be quite surprising and unique. Recently, Teresa brought up a really good topic on her web page: "What is your go to cigar?" This started to make me think. What would be my go to cigar? This is hard for me, particularly when most of what I enjoy about smoking cigars, is trying new brands I have never smoked before. Usually when I go to a cigar shop, I look for the new and up coming cigars. This provides me with the enjoyment of rating the cigar (in my own head), and dreaming up good food and drink parings. For some people though, this can be daunting. Just the thought of trying something new, makes the hairs on there back stand on end, and they break out in a cold sweat.
I encourage you as a new cigar smoker to get out there and try the new stuff. I am not telling you to try the full bodied smokes, if you only like the light bodied smokes. But, try different brands or vitolas within a brand, that can be described as light bodied (or whatever you like). This is the only way you are going to expand your palate and hone in on what exactly pleases your taste buds. We all need to grow, and nurture our passions. And unfortunately, we can't do that, by sticking with one cigar!

No comments:

Post a Comment