Thursday, January 28, 2010

Smoke Today

Today is a little cold here in MN. A blistering high of 7 degrees. So needless to say, I had the heat cranked up in my herf-mobile to full blast. I had a little scare when I rolled down my window, and it wouldn't roll back up... but with a precision whack to the door, the window submitted to my disapproval and rolled back up.

Anyways, on to the smoke for today!

Today I smoked a Joya Cubana cigar. Unfortunately, I am not exactly sure which stick it was, as I believe this was a single I got from the Dogwatch cigar club run by Fullerspullers.com.

Pre-Light:
Examining the cigar, this stick looks to be about a robusto size, at around a 50-52 ring gauge, and maybe 4 inches long. The wrapper is dark and oily, reminiscent of dark chocolate in color. The wrapper aroma is a bit sweet, with smells of sweet hay and grassy notes, and the filler has that classic barnyard sent.

Light:
After toasting the foot, the aroma smells of fresh baked bread, and leather. After finishing the light, I got strong black pepper notes, but that hint of sweetness persisted throughout. Although this cigar looks strong, it is a classic example of "don't judge a book by it's cover." I found this smoke to be more medium in body and strength. About half way through the cigar, the flavors melted into a sweet caramel, chocolate, and leather flavor that kissed your mouth with a sweet residue that had me licking my lips with each puff.

Aftertaste:
I also like to talk about the taste that cigars leave you with after you are done smoking about them. This particular cigar left me with a sweeter aftertaste that has hints of that chewy barnyard air to it.

Overall this was a very nice and pleasant smoke, and I would love to get my hands on some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment